This crumble is full of whole food ingredients and tastes fantastic. It is great as a topping for a traditional apple crumble but can also be crumbled on top of ice creams or used as a flavorful pie crust.
Ingredients: makes a 8- or 9-inch pie crust
- 1 cup cashews
- 8 large Medjool dates (fresh or dried)
- 2 Tbsp Vanilla Protein Powder (I use Brown Rice Protein from Sunwarrior)
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- Pinch of cinnamon and lemon peel
1. Grind the cashews into a flour in a food processor.
2. With the machine still running, added the pitted dates, one at a time, until fully incorporated.
3. Add the protein powder and oil and process until a dough has formed.
4. Add cinnamon and lemon peel to taste.
Crumble on top of chopped apples (or other fruit of your choice) in a baking dish and back at 180 degree celcius for 30 minutes (or until apples are cooked). The crumble can also be used raw on top of a fruit salad or ice cream.