Satay has been my favourite meal ever since I tried it in the famous 'Metropolis' in Hamilton.
This is my version after years of perfecting it. It is a great addition to any combination of vegetables,
legumes or rice. My favourite is chickpea gado gado on a bed of steamed vegetables.
- 2 Tbsp Peanut Butter (I use Pic's Peanut Butter)
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 can coconut cream
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 lemon
1. Saute onions, garlic and ginger in the coconut cream in a saucepan.
2. Add chili powder, cumin and curry powder and simmer on low heat.
3. Add the peanut butter and melt it into the coconut cream.
4. Simmer on low heat for 10 minutes.
5. Add lemon juice and honey.
6. Serve on a bed of vegetables, chickpeas or rice. Any of your favorite vegetables will make
a delicious meal with this sauce on top.