Yes, these taste just as good as they look! They are so easy to make that you don't really have any excuses for not giving them a go.
- 1 and 1/4 cups chickpeas (cooked or canned)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (I use Pic's Really Good Peanut Butter)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons wholemeal oats
- 1/2 cup chunks of chocolate
- pinch of salt
1. Pre-heat oven to 175°C
2. Combine all ingredients (except chocolate) and process in food processor until everything is well combined. The dough shoud be very sticky. If it is too dry add some more peanut butter.
3. Transfer dough in a bowl and mix in chocolate.
4. With wet hands place balls (app. one heaped teaspoon) on a baking tray.
5. Bake for 10 min and let cool.
These are best when still warm, if you like your cookies nice and gooey. They will keep in a air tight container for a few days. You can simply re-heat them in the oven for a couple of minutes.
- If you want to be complete vegan swop the honey for agave nectar, molasses or stevia.
- You can use any nut butter instead of peanut butter (i.e. almond butter).
- I like mine extra chocolatey so I add 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder to the dough.