Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
There is no better way to start your morning than with a hot bowl of Apple Cinnamon Quinoa Cereal especially when you have a solid day of training ahead or a big day at work. The warming spices, cinnamon and nutmeg, combined with fresh fruit will keep you going for a long time. Get creative with those toppings!
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup apple cider or apple juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- fruit of your choice (chopped),
for example apple, pear and apricot
- chopped nuts, raisins, maple syrup
1. Rinse quinoa with cold water.
2. Add quinoa, apple juice/cider, water, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg into a medium pot.
3. Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat and reduce heat to medium-low.
4. Simmer until the quinoa is tender and the liquid is absorbed, about 10 to 15 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and fluff with a fork.
6. Serve warm with your favorite fruit and plant-based toppings!