Toasted Apple Cinnamon Cereal
This is an excellent cereal in terms of nutritional balance. Unlike many commercial cereals, this one has lots of fiber, complete protein, essential fatty acids, and calcium.
- 1/2 apple, diced
- 1 cup whole-grain oats (or cooked quinoa)
- 1/2 cup diced almonds
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup hemp protein
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground stevia
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup of oil blend (see recipe here)
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 tbsp apple juice
1. Combine apple, oats, almonds, ground flaxseed, hemp protein, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, cinnamon, nutmeg, stevia and salt.
2. Blend together oil blend, molasses, and apple juice.
3. Combine liquid and dry ingredients and mix well.
4. Bake for 1 hour at 120°C. Let cool and break into pieces.