Zucchini Pasta with Basil Pesto
Instead of eating starchy, gluten-based pasta, try zucchini instead. You will be surprised how much this actually resembles pasta in taste and texture. It goes especially well with freshly made basil pesto.
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 6 organic zucchinis
- 3/4 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 small clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 cups fresh basil
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 large cloves garlic
Process all ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
1. Heat coconut oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
2. Add garlic and lightly brown.
3. Use a vegetable peeler to peel the zucchinis into stripes.
4. Add zucchini and sesame seeds and stir-fry for about 3 minutes
or until desired texture is reached. The longer it is stir-fried the
crispier the strips will become.
5. Remove from heat and top with Basil Pesto and a handful of fresh sprouts.